Monday, March 2, 2009

I just can't stop!

Last night as I was preparing to settle down and continue reading the second book of the Twilight series, Husband asked if I would put Jude to bed. This is usually Husband's task, but he was busy trying to cut his own hair. And, since he hadn't asked me to help, I thought I would jump at the chance to read to Jude and escape another night of pretending to be a barber. I was trying to avoid the horrible hair cutting task that Husband always requires of me every second Sunday.

So, I told Jude to pick out his night-night books while I took off my contact lenses. I returned to Jude's room in jammies and glasses. Jude took one look at me and yelled, "I don't like it when you wear glasses...I want daddy!" Thanks kid I thought to myself. I told Husband what Jude had said, and he offered to read to him instead. Inside my mind I laughed like a mad scientist...now I was able to get my fix...my Bella and Edward Cullen fix. I felt like a drug addict waiting for my next hit. And, there it was right in front of me.


I ran to my bedroom, turned down the bed covers and hopped onto my bed with the book in hand. Instantly I felt a warm rush of blood as I read the simple words on the page.
Ahhhh...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh please..... just tell us diarrhea stories instead....

LMAO

Big D

Weenie said...

Okay, now you know I'm not perfect...so, I like teeny bopper books about vampires and werewolves. Everyone has to have a vice, right??