Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Superstar

As you know, I've pimped out my kid. Since Husband and I were lucky enough to create a good looking little Mexipino bean, we thought why not pimp the kid out, get some good photos of him for free, and let him make a little money for his own college education. By the way, I'm talking about modeling, here! I don't want you dirty minded people out there to think I would sell my kid to the highest bidder. In Japan, there is a need for attractive Westerners-young and old. Japanese people love to look at Westerners in magazines, commercials, catalogues, etc. And, Japanese people seem to think my kid looks like a movie star. So, why not give it a shot?!

So, tomorrow Jude has an audition for a Volkswagen Golf TV commercial. They need to meet him and see if he's right for the part. If they think he has the right look, they'll cast him in the commercial. Then, on March 20th, they'll shoot the commercial.

Jude doesn't really care about any of this. All he knows is that mommy and him get to ride the train tomorrow into town to meet some nice Japanese people and take a few pictures. For him, it's like a trip to JCPenney to get some photos taken. He's not aware of anything, and I want to keep it that way. If he gets the job, so to speak, he'll get a handsome amount of money we can add to his college savings. If he doesn't get the job, it doesn't really matter. There will always be another job coming down the pipeline. I don't pressure him or make him do anything he doesn't want to. At this age, you really can't force him to do anything-that's for sure. All he knows is that we get to spend the day together wandering around Tokyo and eating at McDonald's. The kid couldn't ask for anything more!


Don't worry, I'm not some crazy pageant mom putting globs of makeup on my kiddo in hopes of winning some giant, plastic, gold trophy. I'm not asking my kid to sing I'm a Little Tea Pot dressed in a tux with Vaseline on his teeth. I don't think I could ever become that! I just dress him in his usually play clothes (hopefully with no stains), wash his face, brush his teeth and attempt to comb his mop-top. If I have the energy, I might even try to wipe the crusty boogers from his nose before they take the pictures. And that's it. That's all there is to it. If they like the kid, they'll even take him with a crusty booger nose.


I think my kiddo has a great personality in a cute little boy body. I'm so happy to be his mom. I want to show him to the world! And, I hope the world thinks he's as great as I do!

No comments: