Saturday, March 14, 2009

Kyoto City Half Marathon

Okay, now that Jude is feeling much better and now in the realm of the living once again, I have the energy and time to post. So, here are some pictures Husband took as I ran the Kyoto City Half Marathon last Sunday. Husband was kind enough to run with me and help me make it through the 5 or so gates.


Since the course would be closed 2 hours and 15 minutes after the start, each runner had to be at a certain place or gate by a certain time, or the runner(s) would be cut from the race and driven back to the start on a bus or sag wagon. Needless to say, I ran my ass off to make the gates and finish the race without being cut or stopped. I am proud to say I ran my fastest half marathon ever here at Kyoto. I ran 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 10 minutes. However, I didn't enjoy it one bit. It sucked! I hated having to run a certain pace to make it to each gate before they closed. I didn't like the pressure of trying to finish before they closed the course. It was awful! I ran faster than normal and felt pressured the entire time. I felt like I HAD to do it or be laughed at by my fellow running buddies. And, well, shame is a great motivator! But, I still didn't like the pressure. I prefer running because I want to, not because I have to. Whatever! It's done, and I'm glad I had a PR or personal record. I'm proud of my accomplishment, but I just wished that it didn't suck when I was doing it. So, here I am...running!
I'm the one wearing the bright pink jacket, fuel belt, navy blue skirt and blue hat.
Here I am running with Running Babe.
Here I am trying to run and smile.

No comments: