Thursday, August 19, 2010

Going with it

Okay, I live in Japan. Duh! I live here temporarily as a result of Husband's job. When our job is done here, they (Husband's employer) will kindly move us to wherever they think we need to go to continue his job.

That's how I live. I never know what's coming down the pipe. I don't know how to plan for a future when I don't know where the future might take us. I live day to day never really knowing what lies ahead.

At first, the idea of this was totally, utterly frightening, especially for a seriously Type A personality, like myself. The idea of not being able to plan every second of everyday for the next 10 years scared the shit out of me, but then I just let go. Now, I'm not saying I'm not Type A--I don't think that will ever change, but, now, I just go with the flow. Instead of using pen on my calendar, I only use pencil. That way I can make changes, and there are always changes. Always.

Now, I'm not complaining here. I'm just letting you know what it's like to be me: a midget, Mexican momma living in Japan.

And, frankly, I'm getting used to a life where I only use pencil.

No comments: