Friday, September 10, 2010

Yes, he's my child

Today I went to Jude's school and ate lunch with him.  I also hung out in his class for a while, chatted with his teacher, and discussed how his first week of kindergarten was going. 

His teacher only had nice things to say about Jude.  She mentioned he is an exceptional child with an amazing imagination and vocabulary-- things I already know. 

But then we had this conversation:

Teacher:  "Jude is a great kid with a great vocabulary.  The other day I was reading a book about farm animals and there was a donkey..."

Weenie:  "Uh-oh!"

Teacher:  "Jude kindly raised his hand and said, "A donkey is also called an ass."'

Weenie:  "Uh-oh!"

Teacher:  "Don't worry, I didn't make a big deal about it, and I don't think any of the other kids were paying attention.  I was just surprised he even knew that." 

So, yes, my kid is already wowing his teacher!

2 comments:

Flounder said...

Hilarious...I love it!!! and did not expect any less from your child:)

Ronda Saenz said...

Yes, he is your kid, cute!