Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My running mojo

I think I found my running mojo again.  Thank God!

My running mojo gets lost in the summer, but it usually comes back in the fall.  It typically hits me when I'm running in the dark, and a cool breeze slaps me in the face, cooling off my hot, sweaty, greasy, flushed cheeks.  There's nothing better than that cool breeze... at the moment when you think you are too tired to keep going, when you think you are about to give into the hurt of your exhausted body, that breeze containing your mojo hits you, awakening your senses, giving you the power and strength to keep going, to push it beyond what you thought you were capable of.  That's the moment you know it's back.  You're thankful for its return, so thankful.

Now the goal is to keep it.

**************************
Dear Mr. Running Mojo,

I missed you, but I'm glad you're back.  It's good to see you!  I hope you stay for a while.

~Weenie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to WORK to keep your mojo. It's a gift, and it can be taken away at any time. Treasure it, and nurture it.

Med. sized D

Anonymous said...

Be sure not to overwork the mojo.

Husband