Monday, April 19, 2010

Scared Skinny

I come from a good family. The kind that sits around telling stories and jokes while eating mass quantities of delicious, homemade tamales. The kind that would help you out in any situation, if you asked. The kind that pays taxes, works hard and never complains. The American kind!

I also come from a long line of over eaters. I know this. It is evident when you attend a quinceanera, a wedding, or a funeral which involves my family members. My family loves food. I love food.

But, unfortunately, a love for food can lead to obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, strokes and so on. I know this, and I know what I can become if I make unhealthy choices.

And, I don't want to become that.

And recently, I've been eating way too much crap food. I've also stopped exercising regularly. But all of that is about to change.

I'm going to try to be a better example for my son. I'm going to exercise 5 days a week and make healthier choices when it comes to food. I'm going to get back on that wagon and stay on it.

After all, I know what I can become.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounds really sensible :-)
You can DO IT!

-BJ

Anonymous said...

I'll expect regular reports, missy.

Med Sized D