Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Boobs are best

Okay, if you know me, you know that I'm type-A all the way. I don't do anything a little bit. If I run, I run marathons. If I don't eat meat, I become vegan. If I become a member of something, I want to take over. That's just how I roll.

And, not only do I do things all the way, but I do them to the best of my ability. That's another type-A trait. Granted, on the outside it might seem I'm mediocre, but I know I have tried to the best of my ability--never understanding why the rest of the world doesn't do the same.

With that said, I breast fed my son. FOR ABOUT 18 MONTHS! For those of you without children, this means nothing to you. For those of you that have actually pooped out a kid, you are now in awe. That's right, this little, midget, Mexican, momma had her kid on her boob for 18 months. AND I ENJOYED IT--not in a pervert kind of way, the way most of you are thinking right now, but in a motherly kind of way. I knew that I was providing my son with the best I could possibly give him. And the best was MY milk, and not some fabricated milk product created in a lab by a bunch a scientists trying to replicate my milk. My milk!

In the beginning it sucked big, fat, donkey balls. Seriously! It hurt like hell. My boobs were bigger than Al Gore's head! My boobs leaked, leaving a trail around my house with my dogs following me!

It wasn't easy to nurse my son, but I endured the pain and the sleepless nights, because I wanted to give my baby the best, and because I'm type-A. When I decide to do something, I do it all the way and then some, regardless of how much it hurts or how much time it takes or how much effort it requires...I give it my all. Again, that's just how I work, and how I function. Yes, it's exhausting to be me, but I don't know how else to be. I just do everything ALL the way. But, if you know me, you already know this.

So 10 years from now, when my kid is in therapy complaining to his therapist how I screwed him up, I can say, Ha, I gave you what was recommended!

You can read the article on breastfeeding here.

2 comments:

johnsonsconnection said...

You're hilarious. I'll remember that when I'm breast feeding little Ebi in a couple of weeks.

Unknown said...

That's nothing... there's a link on my FB wall to a video of a mother still breast feeding her daughter at EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Oh, here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dfxv6R9fUO74&h=e0d266992bf597635152cb904ba59564