Saturday, May 30, 2009

Can I marry Chick-fil-A?

As you know, I have a very unnatural infatuation with Chick-fil-A. I love it! I love the crispy chicken sandwich and waffle fries with lemonade. Those flavors on my tongue make we want to dance around like Gene Wilder in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory!

So, when we made it to Tucson, Arizona, on our 7th day of our Great American Adventure, we searched for our favorite food establishment...Chick-fil-A. After getting bad directions and driving for an extra 30 minutes to find it, we FOUND it there in all of its glory, waiting for ME! Keep in mind, I live in Japan where there are NO Chick-fil-A restaurants. Before this moment, I hadn't been to a Chick-fil-A in almost 2 years. I was going through serious, and I mean SERIOUS Chick-fil-A withdrawal!

We pulled into the parking lot, and I ran into the restaurant like a Wal-Mart shopper on the day after Thanksgiving, no one was safe! It was so wonderful to see the menu lit up by cheap fluorescent lighting. Then, behold...the cow mascot was there to greet me. It was like a magical dream. It was as if for one moment in time, I would get perfection. Everything I had imagined or dreamed about was going to happen just as it was SUPPOSED to happen. No oompa loompas were going to carry me away before I ate. A tornado wasn't about to rip through the place. It wasn't going to close. The place wasn't going to catch fire!

It was 8 PM on a Tuesday, and we had hit the jackpot: Kid's Night! Each kid's meal was free with the purchase of a an adult meal. I almost had an orgasm as I ordered. I was giddy and childlike as I waited for my food to be prepared. Then, I ate the #1 combo meal. I ate it with gusto. I devoured it like a crack whore devours her next hit of crack! I ate every last morsel of food and then got a FREE refill of Diet Lemonade. It was heavenly perfection! At that moment, I could have died with a smile on my face. Ahhhhh! Chick-fil-A!

Me with the cow!
Jude with the cow!
Did I mention how much I love Chick-fil-A?!

No comments: