Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cliff diving in Hawaii

Since I'm chicken shit, I just watched as Husband jumped off a 10 foot cliff into a pool of fresh water.
Husband waiting to jump.
Husband jumping.
Husband waiting to jump again.
On the way to the waterfall.
The beautiful waterfall.


Okay, I have mixed feelings about this.


First of all, we went to Hawaii to relax- not to hike 2 miles up hills, down ravines, through streams, and in the mud, while wearing flip-flops. No! I wanted to sip Mai Tais and lounge on the beach. But noooooo, Husband and his friend wanted to hike and jump off cliffs!

Secondly, I will not tell you the location of this waterfall. There were about 100 people at this location, littering, smoking, and destroying the natural beauty the waterfall had created. The water had a sheen from sun block and body oils. There was trash littered every where. There were also dogs peeing and pooping where they shouldn't be. Basically, all the people that had come to see this beautiful sight were destroying it. Why is that?!

Why is it that human beings must destroy all that is beautiful. Why?! Why do we do that? Why do we pollute everything that doesn't belong to us? Why do we seek and destroy all that is not ours? Why is it that no one cares how we are totally fucking up the planet with trash? Why do we find beautiful places and then destroy them with our presence? Why?! I was appalled when I saw people smoking at the waterfall and then throwing their cigarette butts into the beautiful stream. I was appalled when I saw plastic bottles and bottle tops floating in the water. I was appalled by all of it.

In about 1o years, I'm sure all the natural beauty of this place will be destroyed. I'm sure there will be nothing left for future generations to see. And that makes me sad!

No comments: