Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Greatness explained

***Sorry for the recent silence. My in-laws are sleeping in the computer room, so I have limited access to the computer...

Okay, I've never done anything GREAT. I mean, I've never done anything that would be considered GREAT with a capital G-R-E-A-T. I'm cool with that. I'm an overly opinionated, decent human being, who does nice things only for the people I like. If I don't like you, then screw you!

But, if you think you are great and have achieved GREATNESS with a capital G-R-E-A-T-N-E-S-S, then you shouldn't have to tell me about it. I would know about your greatness, because you would just be so freaking great! Right?! Right! But if you have to sit around and tell me how awesome you are, then, in my book, you aren't awesome at all! And, if you have to toot your own horn, not only are you not GREAT with a capital G, but you are somewhat pathetic. I mean, if you have to build yourself up to others by telling them just how awesome and wonderful you are, then you are no where near great. No! Instead, you are just pathetic!

I think people who do nice things for others without bragging are GREAT! I think people who adopt children are GREAT! I think people who give blood are GREAT! I think people who educate the youth of America are GREAT! Husband's who respect their wives and care for their children are GREAT! Husbands who bust their ass to support their families, so their wives can stay at home and raise their babies are GREAT! That is GREATNESS in my book!

So, if you want to toot your own horn and tell me how fucking GREAT you are, don't waste your time! I've got better things to do than to listen to you!

***By the way, this post is not aimed at YOU, my readers! This YOU is someone that doesn't read the blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are a little tired of your current guests. Too much of a GREAT thing?



Sis

Weenie said...

No comment!

;-)

Anonymous said...

Greatness can be as simple as overcoming your fears and limitations.
Maybe becoming a wife and a mother, or being an asthmatic marathoner ......

Med. Sized D

Weenie said...

Thanks Med. Sized D! You're pretty GREAT in my book. Anyone who can run an Ultra marathon and mow my lawn when Husband is away on business is GREAT!

You rock!