Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Our new home...maybe


This week we were notified that we MIGHT be moving to a small town in central Georgia.  The paperwork hasn't gone through, yet, but Husband is convinced we will be moving there.  Let's just say I am less than excited.  In fact, I would rather stay here and endure earthquakes, tsunamis, radiation, typhoons, volcanoes, and floods than move to a small town in the middle of nowhere.

I was hoping Husband would be transferred somewhere in Texas, where we could be closer to our friends and family members, but it seems we will have to spend another 2-3 years away from our peeps.

I know.  I know.  I should be thankful I'm moving back to America, but I ain't.  I know Japan.  I know this area of Japan, and I love it.  I have everything I need here, and I'm happy here.  I've spent the last 4 1/2 years getting to know this wonderful country and its people.  I've gotten used to life here in Japan.  Jude doesn't even remember living in America.  We moved here one month after Jude's 3rd birthday, and he's forgotten about his home in Texas.  To him, Japan is his home.  He, too, doesn't want to leave this extraordinary land.

I'm not saying Georgia, USA is bad.  I'm just saying that I don't care for small town living.  I prefer big cities.  Remember, I'm from Houston, Texas--the most awesomest place in Texas.  I like big cities because they provided you with so many options, and I like options.

But I know I don't have a choice in the matter.  That's how my life works.  I gave up everything to marry my husband and follow him around the world, and it's a choice I don't regret; however, I wish Georgia wasn't on my mind.

1 comment:

Sybil said...

I hope your husband appreciates your sacrifice.