Wednesday, December 14, 2011

November books

These are the books I read this month.  

Since I was a nanny in a former life, I found this book to be entertaining, fun and heartfelt.  It was an easy read, and I highly recommend it. This was an enjoyable guilty pleasure.  In fact, I'm going to read the sequel this month, and I can't wait.  If you haven't read this book, you should.  (Don't bother watching the movie!  The book is WAY better!)

This book was WAY better than the movie.  In fact, the book was touching, realistic, convincing, but depressing at times.  I found myself crying on the plane to Thailand as I read this book.  It's a great love story, but a little weepy at times.  I don't recommend reading this book in public!  You'll be a hot mess, if you do!

I usually really, really enjoy books written by Jodi Picoult.  However, this book was boring, hard to get through and seemed too cheesy.  This book is set in Arizona and lots of Native American folklore is incorporated into the novel, making it seem hokey, with a lot mystical mumbo-jumbo crap.  I tried to get through it, but I gave up.  I don't recommend this one.  At all!

What are you reading?

No comments: