Monday, March 1, 2010

I need more cowbell!


So, I didn't run the Tokyo Marathon this year. At first, I was bummed I wouldn't be able to torture myself with the 26.2 miles. But then when I saw the conditions the runners had to endure, I was relieved and almost thankful for my IT Band injury (which by the way, doesn't hurt unless I run more than 15 miles). The weather sucked for the race. It was cold, rainy, windy and COLD!

Since we didn't have anything going on on Sunday, we decided to go and cheer on my fellow running buddies who were running the marathon. We packed our necessities (a map of the race, a subway map, and the most annoying musical instruments known to man...a Dublin whistle, a tambourine and a giant cowbell) and headed down to the race course.

Let's just say that if there was an award for the most annoying side-line cheerleader, I would have received it. My cowbell and Jude's whistle were so loud countless Japanese people moved from their cheering spots just to avoid us and our annoying noise. Young children plugged their ears with their fingers tips, and others moved away from us like we had the plague. I was so proud!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YESSSS !!! LOUD, RUDE AMERICANS !!!!!!

Med sized D