Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wide Open Spaces

I took this picture in Ameyoko Market near Ueno Station.
I'm used to crowds.  When you live in Japan, you are never alone.  Never!  You are always surrounded by people.  Always!  I've gotten accustomed to navigating my way through congested areas thick with Japanese people.  This is my life.

However, with our upcoming move to Georgia, I'm dreading the wide open spaces filled with nothingness.  I'm worried I'll feel alone.  Since we are moving to a town with only 60,000 people, I know I'll be overwhelmed by the silence and lack of people surrounding me.  I'm not sure what I'll do when I'm the only person standing in line, or when I'm the only customer in a store.

I think I might get lost in the silence, and there will be no one there to help me find my way.

No comments: