Saturday, February 18, 2012

Something has got to change


So, I'm lactose intolerant.  I've been this way for about 20 years!  However, recently it has gotten worse.  Way worse!  Before, I could have crackers or fried food even if there was a little bit of milk in it, and I'd be okay.  But now things have changed, and I seem to be having severe adverse reactions to ANYTHING that contains milk!   ANYTHING!  If I eat ANYTHING with even trace amounts of milk in it, I suffer severely!  Even if I take a pill (lactose enzyme), it doesn't help!  I spend the rest of the day bloated, gassy, and miserable.  All I want to do is roll up in the fetal position and die.  Seriously!  Nothing is worse than painful gas that you can't do anything about.

I always keep a bottle of anti-gas medication near, but I hate taking any additional medications.

I'm at a loss of what to do.

All I know it that something has to change!  I can't keep having adverse reactions after every freaking meal I eat.  It's getting ridiculous!

I think it's time to change my diet.

No comments: