Friday, March 16, 2012

Mother Nature's Alarm Clock

This morning around 4:25 AM, I was shaken awake, courtesy of another earthquake.  This earthquake was really close and quite strong. Thankfully, it was very short.

I tell you, there is nothing worse than being woken up by an earthquake!  I tend to wake up startled, scared, freaked out, and out of sorts.  It takes me several minutes to calm down and for my heart to stop racing.  Then, I'm usually too on edge to go back to sleep.

So, Japan's tectonic plates seem to be really on the move these last few days.  I just hope all these little quakes are ways of relieving pressure and NOT a build-up for the next BIG ONE that's expected to strike Tokyo.

Well, no matter what happens or how many times I'm shook or rattled by earthquakes, I intend to do my best to enjoy my last few months here in Japan.

No comments: