Monday, December 6, 2010

I was shushed by a 3 year old


So, I added a couple of new English lessons recently.  Now, I will be teaching 2 "baby" classes every other Friday.  The classes consist of Japanese toddlers ranging in ages from 2-3.  They are the cutest little things ever, except that a few of them aren't used to me, yet.  It usually takes a while for the little ones to get adjusted to a new teacher.

Well, last Friday I taught a lesson about Christmas.  We sang Christmas carols and made Christmas cards.  During our craft portion of the class, I went up to a little 3 year old boy and tried to get him to say Christmas tree, red, green, snow, etc.  Apparently, he wasn't ready to speak to me, so he kindly raised his finger to his mouth and shushed me.  Then, in Japanese he explained that he didn't want to talk to me because I was new to him.  I understood him and walked away.  I returned about 2 minutes later and tried to talk to him again.  Unfortunately, I got the same response:  shush!  This happened repeatedly, each time I burst out in laughter.  The kid's mom was embarrassed, but I thought it was hilarious.

There's nothing funnier than being shushed by a 3 year old!  I love my job!

1 comment:

Flounder said...

such a busy bee you are these days! miss hearing from you :(